When thinking about your purpose, you come to the dream. What is that you would like to do or what do you want your life to look like in 5 years time? Without constricting your ideas with limitations (by saying I can’t possibly do that) write them down. Now make a plan to get there. Here’s some ideas to help you on your way:
- Start with a small steps
- Don’t give up; be determined
- Set and review goals
- Place a reminder on the fridge or somewhere visible of what you wish to achieve
- Tell other like-minded people (people who will inspire, encourage and celebrate with you, not people who will put the dream down) – have a support team
- Celebrate achievements – the small steps you take on the way
- Visualize yourself achieving the goal.
In the decade of writing and editing my ‘New Life in the Mourning’ book I used to visualise seeing it on the shelf of my favourite a book store. After years I did (photo proof below). If I can do it so can you! It’s available as an eBook on Amazon or in hard copy from His Heart Ministry Training online store.
Do one thing every day towards your dream. New life at the end of a relationship is about daily choices – not big ones, but one choice per day that will move you forward to where want to be. What does your new life look like? What is the one thing you can do to get there today? No pressure – just enjoy it. Let it give you hope toward the future. One step at a time.